NEET Questions Based on Biodiversity and Conservation. Collections of Questions of previous year paper and their answers.
1. Which one of the following is related to ex situ conservation of threatened animals and plants?
(a) Biodiversity hotspots
(b) Amazon rainforest
(c) Himalayan region
(d) Wildlife safari parks
2.Alexander von Humboldt described for the first time.
(a) laws of limiting factor
(b) species area relationships
(c) population growth equation
(d) ecological biodiversity.
3. The region of biosphere reserve which is legally protected and where no human activity is allowed is known as
(a) buffer zone
(b) transition zone
(c) restoration zone
(d) core zone.
4. How many hotspots of biodiversity in the world have been identified till date by Norman Myers?
5. Which of the following is correctly matched?
(a) Aerenchyma and Opuntia
(b) Age pyramid and Biome
(c) Parthenium and Threat to hysterophorus biodiversity
(d) Stratification and Population
6. Red list contains data or information on
(a) all economically important plants
(b) plants whose products are in international trade
(c) threatened species
(d) marine vertebrates only.
7. Which of the following national parks is home to the famous musk deer or hangul?
(a) Keibul Lamjao National Park, Manipur
(b) Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
(c) Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Dachigam National Park, Jammu and Kashmir
8. Which is the national aquatic animal of India?
(a) Blue whale
(c) Gangetic shark
(d) River dolphin
9. Which of the following is the most important cause of animals and plants being driven to extinction?
(a) Habitat loss and fragmentation
(d) Alien species invasion
10. The species confined to a particular region and not found elsewhere is termed as